The Everything Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Cookie
Updated: Sep 24, 2020
(this is NOT an allergen free recipe- not for anyone with nut allergies!)
Not only is baking a fun way to teach math and life skills to kids, but it also involves present moment focus. Just ask any baker- if you don’t focus on the task at hand, it can go terribly wrong! You definitely want to get the timing and quantities right. We love this recipe because:
1) The final product is delicious
2) There is ample opportunity for kid involvement (breaking eggs, measuring flour, mixing dough and separating dough into balls)
3) Rolling the cookie dough is a great sensory experience for kids
1 stick softened butter
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
¾ cup organic sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 Cups blanched almond flour
1 cup organic gluten free rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chip cookies
1 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Mix butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and sugar together in a large bowl.
4) Mix in almond flour slowly.
5) Add baking soda, salt, oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Mix well.
6) Use clean hands to separate the dough into small balls, about a tablespoon each. Allow your child to squish the dough for a sensory experience.
7) Place on baking sheet. Bake in oven for about 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
The cookies a thick, tasty, and moist. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: https://meaningfuleats.com/almond-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies-grain-free/